- Created on Friday, 15 October 1999 12:09
Please pay attention for little children.
If necessary, please explain to the children or stop to watch.
- In 13th October 1999,Around 200 bottlenose dolphins were driven into the Futo fishing port at Ito city Shizuoka prefecture. And the dolphins were slaughtered in the morning of next day. The staffs of an aquarium caught the dolphin for exhibition and have put on the stretcher.
- The life span of dolphins in aquarium is shorter than wild condition. The aquarium replaces dolphins frequently.
- The staffs of an aquarium have measured the length of the captured dolphin. Some individuals with beautiful appearance were chosen for aquarium. The dolphins were hung and have vomited blood. Immediately after, 2 dolphins were died from shock.
- The local children visited the scene of the slaughter as a school subject of sociology.
- The dolphins were bound with a rope in the tail and hung with the crane, were still alive.
- The fisherman has drawn the dolphin near by sharp hook. Sea water dyes red with blood rapidly.
- The dolphins were driven into a narrow shoal, and were hung several animals at a time with a crane. Then they were carried to a slaughterhouse. Blood splash was flying.
- The dolphin is in pain and can not die easily, due to fisherman's clumsiness of cutting of carotid.
- The catch quota of bottlenose dolphin for Shizuoka prefecture by the Fisheries Agency is 75/year. The landed dolphins were decomposed in the slaughterhouse contiguous to the fishing port.
- Internal organs were also used. Although high levels of contamination on coastal dolphins are pointed out...
- A lot of blood was flowing into the sea. The sea dyed crimson.
- The excess dolphins of catch quota were released to the open sea. Some of them got injured or were crushed their eye. Can they continue to live?